1) A triangular prism has a length of 12 inches. A larger similar triangular prism has a length of 18 inches.
If 192 square inches of paper is used to wrap the smaller prism with minimum wastage, approximately how many square inches of paper will be required to wrap the larger prism?
A288 square inches
B432 square inches
C648 square inches < That was my answer
D864 square inches
2) Martin has a compost pit in his garden. The pit is 9 feet long, 6 feet wide, and 2 feet deep. She plans to make it 1.5 feet deeper.
What will be the increase in the volume of the pit?
A 18 cubic feet < that was my answer
B54 cubic feet
C81 cubic feet
D162 cubic feet
3) A square pyramid of height 8 inches has a volume of 704 cubic inches. If the volume of a similar square pyramid is 88 cubic inches, what is its height?
B2 inches < that was my answer
4) Cliff is constructing two similar boxes shaped as similar rectangular prisms. The smaller box has a height of 15 inches and a square base of side length 12 inches.
If the larger box has a height of 20 inches, what is its volume?
A1620 cubic inches
B3840 cubic inches
C5120 cubic inches < that was my answer
D6400 cubic inches
5) Tania bought a glass pyramid from a gift store. The pyramid, with a height of 4 cm and a square base of side 6 cm, was packed in a box shaped as a cube of side 8 cm. The empty space in the box was packed with paper tissue.
How many cubic centimeters of the box were stuffed with paper tissue?
A192 cubic centimeters
B368 cubic centimeters
C464 cubic centimeters
D480 cubic centimeters < that was my answer