Semi trucks break down now and then and require regular maintenance. Seeking the services of a semi truck repair company can help your worn out vehicle get back in service soon and do some jobs. If you’re new to the whole idea of commercial semi truck repair services you may ask, “So what should I expect from a semi truck repair near me?”
Common Services In A Semi-Truck Repair Shop
Whether your vehicle requires an engine overhaul, transmission rebuilding, a wheel seal, or any other type of repair, a highly-qualified repair shop will be able to handle it. Trained mechanics have the ability to do all major repairs on truck systems. The following services are usually common in all semi truck repair shops:
- Engine reconstruction
- Transmission fixes
- Clutch replacement and repair.
- Drive line fixes
- Air conditioner repairs
- Brake system repair
- Radiator repair/replacement
- Coolant reservoir checks
- Electrical repairs
- Computer diagnostics and repair.
- Oil changes
- Replacement of any worn out parts
- DOT inspections
- Roadside servicing and many more
What else can I expect from a semi truck repair near me?
Given that your semi truck is your source of livelihood, it is always wise to invest in a scheduled maintenance program. Most repair shops offer regular preventative maintenance programs, and enrolling in them can be really beneficial to your fleet business in the long run. Neglecting regular maintenance of your vehicle(s) usually ends up costing more.
Here is why you should enroll in a maintenance program for your semi truck or fleet:
- Legally speaking, if you do not keep your truck in good shape, and it is involved in a road accident, you could face negligence charges.
- It is a well-known fact that a well-maintained truck is safer for both the driver and everybody else who is on the road.
- A preventative maintenance program can help you avoid excessive breakdowns and the need for emergency repairs. In the long run, unscheduled repairs due to sudden breakdowns are more expensive that scheduled preventative maintenance services.
- You can be able to maximize the lifespan of your vehicle. Having your truck checked up regularly will make it last longer, therefore you will not have to keep on buying a new truck now and then due to breakdowns.
- A semi-truck maintenance program allows you to maximize the productivity of your fleet. Let us say you have a fleet of 12 trucks, you can schedule a preventative maintenance program such that only one truck is undergoing servicing at a time while the remaining vehicles are out on the road doing work. This way, your trucks will stay in good shape and maximize on the productivity.
Do not wait too long, let a qualified technician from a semi truck repair shop near you diagnose the state of your vehicle regularly.